This article will show how to install J2EE Perspective in Eclipse IDE. An IDE or Integrated Development Environment such as Eclipse has lot of features. One of the feature available is in order to be able to develop a J2EE application. In order to ease the programmer, developer or anyone intend to develop a J2EE application, Eclipse provide a J2EE Perspective to achieve it. So, basically J2EE Perspective will provides tools for creating Java EE applications in Eclipse IDE. A perspective is just a set of views, menus and commands which you are likely useful during development. Different perspectives will show different views. So, in order to develop J2EE Application, J2EE Perspective in Eclipse IDE is very useful.
J2EE Perspective Installation in Eclipse IDE
Below is the step for installing the J2EE Perspective in Eclipse IDE :
1. Run the Eclipse IDE. The version of the Eclipse IDE in this article for an example is Eclipse IDE 2020-09 R. The following is the image of the Eclipse IDE after the execution :
2. After that, access the following menu. Access Help > Install New Software…. The following image is the appearance of accessing the menu :
3. After executing the menu, the following window dialog will appear :
4. In the Dropdown List of Work with:, click and select the option with the label of ‘Select All Available Sites’ as in the following image :
5. After that, scroll it to the bottom of the list as in the following image :
6. Click and select the option of Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development as in the following image :
7. The above image actually show the Eclipse IDE with the Web, XML, Java EE and OSGi Enterprise Development already installed. If it is not installed, just click the checkbox to select all the available sub component and the click Next or Finish. Soon after, the installation will start. Finally, the J2EE Perspective will be available in the Eclipse IDE. Moreover, it is also possible to create a Dynamic Web Project in the Eclipse IDE.