This article will show how to add an ISO image file in the VirtualBox application. In order for an ISO image available for further usage just add it first to the VirtualBox application. So, this article will show how to add it in the VirtualBox application for further usage. Those usages among of them are for installing operating system using ISO image file and also installing VirtualBox Guest Additions. The following are the steps to achieve it :
1. First of all, run and execute the VirtualBox application. The Virtualbox application will appear as follows :
2. Next, just access the File > Virtual Media Manager. The following Virtual Media Manager Window Box appear as in the image below :
3. As in the above Virtual Media Manager, select the Optical disks tab. Furthermore, click the Add button. The following image will appear :
4. After selecting the suitable ISO Image file, click the OK button. The following image will appear :
5. Click the Close button as in the above Virtual Media Manager Window Box to finish the process.
After successfully adding the ISO image file, it will be useful for another processes. Those processes are including to enhance the functionality of a virtual server running in the VirtualBox application. The other ISO image files available in the Virtual Media Manager above is added previously. It is very useful to act as a bootable operating system installer. Those are the ISO image files of CentOS and FreeBSD. Later on, after creating virtual server in the VirtualBox application, it will select one of those ISO images as a bootable ISO image. So, whenever the virtual server starts, after doing the right configuration, it will start to boot using the ISO image file.