This article specifically written to show how to install Netbeans in Ubuntu Linux operating system. Basically the process is quite simple. Below is the process explained in sequence :
1. Install Java Program.
To be able to install the Java Program, basically there are many ways to do it depends to the operating system used. In Ubuntu, to be able to do it, just use ‘apt-get’ tool. Read the following article to view how to install Java program titled ‘How to Install Java Program in Ubuntu Linux Operating System’ which exist in this link.
2. Download the Netbeans Installer.
Download it from the official Netbeans website which is currently located in this link. Choose the suitable one based on needs. Below is the display of the netbeans download installer page :
After successfully download the installer, just execute it as the following steps below.
3. Execute the file executable installer. In the context of this article, since it is using Ubuntu Linux operating system, the file installer is in the form of a shell script which is available to be executed. Make sure that the file itself can be executed. Below is the execution of it :
user@hostname:/home/user$ ./netbeans-8.2-javaee-linux.sh Configuring the installer... Searching for JVM on the system... Extracting installation data... Running the installer wizard...
The following display for further installation will be presented :
The above image is presenting the main window for further installation. The version of the Netbeans which is going to be installed is ‘Netbeans 8.2’.
5. Click Next to continue on the installation process. The following display will be presented :
6. Click the checkbox of ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’ to continue the installation further. Below is the presentation of the image after clicking the checkbox :
7. Click button Next to proceed. The following window will be displayed :
- After specifying where to install Netbeans and also the location of JDK, click button Next to proceed. After that, the following image will be presented :
- After specifying the location of the Glassfish Java Application Server location for where it is going to be installed, just click button Next. The following is the image displayed after the Next button is clicked :
- Last but not least, click the button Install to start installing based on the specification defined previously. Below is the progress of the installation :
Completing the installation of Netbeans IDE :
If the installation process went well, the following display will be presented :